Dear Neighbors: Late Thursday morning 60 of our neighbors and friends lost their homes in a massive 5-alarm fire at Pierce & Golden Gate.
Here’s what you can do to help:
1. The most urgent need is for living spaces. Do you have a roomate leaving? An extra apartment that you know of in your building? An “in-law” unit that’s sitting vacant? Let us know and we will make sure those who need it most get the word. email us!
2. Donate money directly to our displaced neighbors. Go to alamosq.org and make a donation. We will work with Supervisor Mirkarimi’s office to get the funds directly to our neighbors in need.
3. Tomorrow, Dec. 24th, go to the African American Art & Culture Complex (762 Fulton St.) They will host a private event for displaced neighbors from 3pm – 4pm., then open doors to neighbors from the community from 4pm – 5pm.
4. Then – Have a beer at The Edge Bar –the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence are running a fundraiser at 4149 18th Street in the Castro on Saturday from 3-7 p.m.
5. Are you in a band? Have some groupies? Know how to draw a crowd? We are working with other groups to host a fundraiser in early January at a local venue to further support our friends and neighbors who need it.
6. Check back! We hope to have a “wish-list” in-hand of immediate needs by Wednesday. We’ll post that on alamosq.org, and the ASNA Facebook page.
We will keep you updated, so please check back! This is a tragedy that could happen to any of us, and your support and concerns are what make this another great reason to live here.
Thank you for being such a wonderful neighbor!
President, Alamo Square Neighborhood Association
http://alamosquare.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/ASNA-logo-282x300.png00adminhttp://alamosquare.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/ASNA-logo-282x300.pngadmin2011-12-23 21:13:342011-12-23 21:13:34Alamo Square fire - what you can do